We are making adjustments to our programming in 2015. Shay is our programming director, and the programming team includes M. Christian, Phil, August, and Terra.
We are looking for 5 different types of programming:
1) Traditional 2 hour classes
2) "Kink Lab" classes
3) Skill shares and discussion groups
4) Weekend intensives
5) Weekend classes in cooperation with play events
6) Mystery box challenge!!! (see details below)
Details on these types of programming (including standard compensation) are below. Please read this over carefully and then fill out this google form to indicate your interest in presenting for us!
1) Traditional 2 hour classes- These will now be limited to about four a month. We will schedule these on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8-10pm (doors open at 7:30pm). We charge $15 in advance and $20 at the door for these classes, and this is handled as a split of the door- half of the money goes to the presenter(s), half goes to support the Citadel.
2) "Kink Lab" classes- We will book about 2 of these a month, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. These will be 1 hour of instruction and then 1 hour of hands-on "lab time" for guided practice of the skills covered. We will not have pre-sale tickets for these classes and admission will be $10 per person at the door. This will be handled with the presenter/facilitator as a split of the door- half of the money goes to the presenter(s), half goes to support the Citadel.
3) Skill shares and discussion groups- We will book around 4 of these a month, usually on Mondays but possibly on some other days as well. Discussion groups can happen concurrently with classes. The Citadel will charge a $5-$10 "suggested donation" for these groups. For these sessions, facilitation will be done on a volunteer basis, though the first $10 from donations can go to the facilitator to help pay for their travel/parking, if needed. (Example: Rope peer workshop, Sub Safe Space discussion group)
4) Weekend intensives- This will be limited to one or two a month. These classes will be "intensive" style classes that are at least 4 hours long. Charges and compensation for these classes will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
5) Weekend classes in cooperation with play events- 1-2 hour classes that are designed to take place in cooperation with a play event (for example, a class on Position Training that takes place before Master's Den). These can take place before the event (from 6-7pm, for example) or DURING an event in the back room (this must happen in cooperation with the event host). Charges and compensation for these classes will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
6) Mystery box challenge- Anything your heart desires and your brain imagines! We are looking to fill the "dark" times on our schedule (particularly Wednesday evenings, weekday daytime, some Saturday and Sunday afternoons, some Sunday evenings) and are open to your creative ideas! Have you always wanted to host a tea party? Have a dungeon dance? An evening of kinky bingo? High protocol dinner? Talk to us about your ideas and how to make it happen! So that the Citadel does not lose money on opening their doors for these events, we will work out a door share with the presenter/planner of these events- this will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Consider a charge of $10 per attendee and a door split between the Citadel and the presenter/planner as a starting point.
Other presenter expectations and information:
- Presenters are strongly encouraged to contribute to marketing- posting to FetLife groups about the class/event, tweeting, etc.
- Unless otherwise noted/requested, most classes will be held in the far back room as this is often a more suitable classroom environment than the main dungeon.
- At times there will be discussion groups and classes concurrently, in which case the class will be in the main dungeon space. Skill shares and hands-on sessions are likely to be in the main dungeon space.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the Citadel! Please fill out our form!
The SF Citadel programming team